Payroll professionals provide pivotal support to their organisation through their knowledge of employee entitlements. There have been many changes to these entitlements in recent years and they are becoming increasingly complex.
With this in mind, it is important to understand where employee entitlements come from and how to interpret these entitlements to apply them in a practical sense.
Designed for anyone who is responsible for payroll function, during this course participants will learn how to:
- Identify employee entitlements and where they are derived from
- Interpret application of awards/agreements, legislation and contracts
- Understand the hierarchy of industrial instruments (awards, legislation, contracts etc.) and what instrument applies at any given time
- Understand the National Employment Standards (NES) and how this affect employment entitlements
- Calculate wages including penalty rates and overtime payments Calculate annual and sick leave accruals
If there are no sessions available, please contact the CCI Training team on (08) 9365 7500.