CCI’s kit for managing mental health in the workplace provides managers and HR professionals with the practical resources and information required to appropriately manage employees and prospective employees with mental health issues, from a combined occupational health and safety, employment relations and workers’ compensation perspective.
The Managing Mental Health in the Workplace Kit (The Kit) is a practical guide to situations including:
- what to do in an emergency;
- having an “R U OK?” conversation;
- requesting information from a medical practitioner;
- performance managing an employee with suspected mental health issues;
- reasonable adjustments; and
- managing absences.