The Expert for a Day scheme will provide grants to business to help accelerate growth, employment and export development.
The State Government scheme aims to identify gaps and barriers that prevent expansion of businesses in the agri-food sector.
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development says the scheme is among a suite of programs being offered to support the development of WA’s top food and beverage businesses.
It will also build upon opportunities identified in the Premium Agri-food Market Opportunity report, commissioned by the State Government’s Food Industry Innovation project.
The report highlighted export market value up to $4 billion across priority opportunities and analysed the capacity for WA businesses to capture that potential value.
Successful applicants will receive vouchers of up to $2000, to be redeemed next financial year.
The money must be used to access professional services, advice or technical expertise identified in an existing formal business plan or other similar documentation. And the expenditure must be approved by the department in writing.
Eligibility criteria for businesses include:
- having operated for a minimum of 18 months
- having an annual turnover of at least $0.5m
- having products and markets with the potential to expand, evidenced by independent market research
- be conducting post-farmgate value-adding.
Applications will be scored using criteria including:
- demonstrated business growth potential
- projected long-term jobs and export growth potential and
- demonstrated understanding of market and product development opportunities.
Food and beverage manufacturing businesses can register their interest here.
► Need advice on export opportunities for your business? Speak to CCI’s International Trade and Investment Services Team on (08) 9365 7620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org