Lendlease, which has been shortlisted to tender on two contracts worth almost $1 billion, will outline opportunities for subcontractors at a WA Works Sundowner on December 6.
The company has been shortlisted to tender on the metropolitan network contract and the statewide electrical infrastructure contract to Main Roads WA.
It is seeking expressions of interest from contractors with the capability and capacity to deliver subcontract services and materials.
Both contracts are anticipated to be awarded early next year with contract commencement in August 2018. The contract terms are five years with a possible two-year extension.
Scarth says the packages vary in value from about $5 million each for some of the capital works projects down to $5000 for the smaller items such as graffiti and litter removal.
The metropolitan network contract is worth $80-$100m per year, while the statewide electrical infrastructure contract comes in at about $40m annually.
Lendlease, which has been operating in WA for more than 50 years, is also undertaking the $1b Waterbank project in East Perth.
The scope of work for each package includes the following:
Metropolitan network contract
Lendlease will be required to inspect the Metropolitan Network and undertake all routine and planned maintenance related work to road assets and undertake minor capital works.
Routine maintenance of road assets within the Network:
- litter removal
- road safety barrier repairs
- graffiti removal
- sign repairs
- replacement of pavement markings and reflective markers
- vegetation control including mowing, slashing and pruning
- maintenance of roadside facilities including toilets
- kerb repairs
- traffic management.
Planned maintenance of road assets including:
- longitudinal line marking
- resurfacing works
- pavement repairs
- shoulder grading
- drainage and sump clearing and cleaning
- resurfacing, longitudinal line marking, mowing and slashing
- traffic management.
Capital Works Delivery - minor capital works:
- intersection improvement
- road widening and seal
- path works
- safety barrier related improvements
- drainage improvements.
Incident and event management:
- traffic management services.
Statewide electrical infrastructure contract
- traffic control signals and warning signals including the SCATS system
- lighting on freeways and main roads
- electronic signs for 40km/h school zones
- emergency roadside help telephones
- road monitoring cameras
- variable message signs
- traffic detection systems
- an optical fibre based communications network
- a few bores and transfer pumps primarily within the Hamilton and Narrows interchange areas, and the airport interchange area (Gateway).
Scope of Services:
- routine maintenance of electrical and ITS assets (street lighting, traffic signals, school signs
- installation and commissioning of new electrical and ITS assets
- modification and upgrading of existing electrical and ITS assets
- upgrading of existing assets (either on a selected component basis or on a site-by-site basis in the case of a defect arising) to replace end-of-life components, incorporate new technologies or functionality or to utilise currently-available componentry
- regular servicing of assets (cleaning, repainting, equipment repair/replacement, etc)
- regular inspection/testing of assets to identify faults
- repair of any damage (e.g. from vehicular accidents, lightning, vandalism and roadworks), along with recovery of actual costs from those persons (where identified) causing such damage to the reasonable extent possible, and together with any insurance held by such persons
- fault and ‘make safe’ response and rectification at all hours of the day.
►Don’t miss your opportunity to network and hear Lendlease offer further insights into the sub-contracting opportunities available — book your tickets to the WA Works Sundowner today.